I promised a note about a volunteer. So, here it is…..

Mark Olson - Walla-Pa-Looza Volunteer

Mark Olson - Walla-Pa-Looza Volunteer

Ladies and Gentleman I present to you….

Behind the scenes here at the Walla-Pa-Looza world wide headquarters we are always coming up with ideas to grow our events. We talk, email and bounce things off each other all the time. So, when someone comes up with something good, we run with it. A lot of people think that I am this one man wrecking crew. Well, the truth is, I do some wrecking but we have an incredible group of volunteers. Since I put together this organization in May of 2009 I had an outpour of people that called me or e-mail me wanting to do something. Some of them, well all of them work behind the scenes never asking for recognition.

So, without further ado I present to you Mark Olson. Mark is one of the volunteers that flies under the radar but is always first to do anything thats necessary. Mark and I have known each other for over twenty years. Although we did not hang out during those past twenty years we have been able to reconnect because of Facebook. So, when Mark came to me and asked “what can I do?” we assigned him some tasks. Since then Mark has become our go to guy when it comes to selling tickets, loading and unloading bands, setting up, breaking down and much, much more!

Mark is one of our best volunteers. He brings a positive attitude, a sense of humor and a big heart. Those traits will take him a long way in life and I am glad to have him on our team. When you have a group like we do it helps to have people like Mark who just go with the flow. Since reconnecting with Mark I found out that he loves football, the Cubs, snowmobiling, fishing and his family. He is also married to Lauri Olson who happens to be the Village President of Richmond, Illinois. So, when you see Mark loading gear or selling drink tickets at Walla-Pa-Looza say hello. Thanks again Mark. It’s nice to have you on our side!

Mark volunteers for Walla-Pa-Looza and you can too! Hit the contact us page on our website today. If you cannot volunteer, spread the word, invite a neighbor or become a friend of ours at http://www.facebook.com/wallapalooza.

CW

Comments

• You’re right on all counts. Mark is a very giving person with a huge heart! Only problem… damn Cubs fan. ;)

Comment by Wendy — June 28, 2010 @ 7:50 am

• Mark is the best!

Comment by Barb — June 28, 2010 @ 8:22 am

• Thanks Craig– It’s amazing how far Walla-Pa-Looza has gone in just over a year! You came up with a idea and along with alot of great volunteers this event has become the talk of the summer and summers to come!!! To put a smile back on a families face after what cancer takes away from them is just priceless! We all know someone with some form on CANCER — They not only need our love and support ” they need us to help raise money to fight for their love ones”. Thanks go out to craig, Joanne,Nick,Kevin,Barb, craigs parents, Ron, Robin, Sherryl,Chad,Doug,Mike, Dina, and all the VOLUNTEERS! Sorry if I missed anyone– Theres no I in TEAM! Love you guys! Thanks Mark:

Comment by Mark — June 28, 2010 @ 8:31 am

• Love these profiles. Mark is great and ALWAYS smiling.

Comment by Vickie — June 28, 2010 @ 11:40 am

• Being the “oldie” in this group, I’ve known many of our volunteers off and on for years because of my son Craig. When I met Mark, I found him to be a “smiley guy”, generous, helpful,kind, and fun. He helped me out in so many ways last year during our festivities, and continues helping whenever, wherever he is needed. He is a true volunteer and we are so lucky he wished to join our great organization. Thanks Mark!

Comment by Susan — June 28, 2010 @ 12:42 pm

• Mark=MVP (Most Valuable Paloozer).

Comment by kevin — August 2, 2010 @ 2:50 pm

• I meant that in the most positive way possible, seing it posted reminds me that trying to ad an “er” to the end of words doesn’t always work. eep.
    Mark you’re a great guy.

Comment by kevin — August 2, 2010 @ 2:53 pm